Monday, December 19, 2011

advent recp {pt. 3}

We're getting so close to Christmas!  This countdown has been super fun, especially for me.  I think Natalie's favorite part is ripping the paper off the books each night, but she has only been showing mild interest in actually sitting through a full reading of most of them.  I know that next year this tradition will be even more fun!




Night 12:  The Berenstain Bears Trim the Tree




Night 13:  Willie: the Moose Who Saved Christmas

Night 14 I forgot to take pictures, but the book was Santa's Book of Names.



Night 15:  The Snowman, gifted by Jay & Amelia



Night 16:  How the Grinch Stole Christmas


Night 17:  Saturday our activity was to check out the Christmas lights around town.  So fun!




Night 18:  We made thumbprint Christmas cards, like this "string of lights" one that Natalie gave to her daddy.  We also received a surprise package in the mail this week from Auntie Lindsay, and added it to our rotation:  The Jolly Christmas Postman.  Such a good one!


3 comments:

  1. I totally am doing this advent book thing next year! I've got a good start on books so far but the idea of wrapping them kills me (I HAAAATE wrapping LOL)

    And those thumb print cards? Totally doing that yet this week!

    I swear, you are brilliant when it comes to creating or finding these ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love loved the Jolly Postman books as a kid! Well done Lindsay!

    Ha, I like Mike's card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fitra2009's right, Hilary: These are nice "articles". I hope you do, in fact, give us some your comment into their blog and following it back too.

    ReplyDelete