Okay, okay, this T5T is a cop-out. I tried to think of a super awesome category for today's post, but fell flat. I think there are too many things swirling about in my brain at once to pick just one thing to focus on, so here's a look into the frenzied mash-up of what's on my mind today.
1. SLEEP. And how much I need it. Really, I could devote a whole entry to how tired I am, but that would probably depress me even more & the time it would take to write is time that should be spent napping. I made the mistake last week of getting a bit bragadocious and implying that Natalie has become a good sleeper of late. I was wrong. I'm not sure if it's the teeth that are continuing to pop up all over her mouth or a growth spurt or separation anxiety or none of the above, but she is simply not sleeping well (or at all) lately. Blech.
2. Blogging. Yup, the blog has taken over my brain of late. I have tons of stuff I want to write about, share, and work on for the site.... and no time or energy to devote to it. I have let Freebie Fridays fall off into the abyss and I haven't jotted down a single note on the things I'd like to post about so most of my thoughts have disappeared as well. I am crossing my fingers for a bit of blogging time tomorrow to get it back in gear.
3. Settlers of Catan. And movies. And Gossip Girl. And all the other things I want to be doing with my nonexistant free time. I simply do not have enough hours in the day to be a productive person, parent, and partner and also waste away time on things like leisure and entertainment. Keep in mind that I have played Settlers of Catan no fewer than 8 times in the past 4 days. So probably I should just shut it.
4. House projects! I recently spray painted some cheapie frames and ordered a bunch of prints of my favorite Natifuss pictures to do a little wall arrangement in the kitchen. It has totally gotten my wheels turning about all the other stuff I would like to work on around the house, and I'm even starting to look ahead at the summer's projects with all kinds of anticipation. Garage, pantry, basement, and decor... here I come!
5. How much I miss all the people we moved away from when we packed up to come back home to Maine. Natalie is growing so fast and I want to share her with our friends EVERY weekend, not just the random long ones when people can justify making the long drive up to the coast. As happy as those visits make me, they also leave me a bit despondent when they end because of how much I wish they would not end.
So that's what's on my mind today--what things are rattling around in your brains?