Friday, June 1, 2012

toddlers are the funniest

Seriously, there is nothing funnier than the crazy stuff little kids say.  Especially when it's your kid, so you are already completely obsessed with all of their little quirks. 

Just in the past week, Natalie has said:


Upon seeing a spider at daycare:  "Whoa!  I need to take a break from that spider."  ::runs into the playhouse to hide::


To our tenant's cat, who likes to perch in the window and watch us eat dinner on the back porch:  "Hey, cat, if you wanna have my pickle just say so now!  Okay?  I say NOOO!"  ::shoves remainder of dill pickle into her mouth::

After spending some time watching Mary Poppins:  "Are the suffragettes gonna come over here tonight?!"

Just waking up in the morning:  "Daddy!  I dream!  It had blue hair.... and four heads... one two three four.... and ten eyes... and... and that's impossible!"  ::shakes head in disbelief::

After daycare:  "I saw Meredith's mommy!  She was nice... but kept doing this...." ::rubs hand vigorously across her forehead::  "Maybe stressed?"


SERIOUSLY. 


4 comments:

  1. hahahahah...Oh. Em. Gee. That kid of yours is soooo precocious!!! I don't think you need to worry about her language skills - I'd say they are WAY above average :) I can't wait to see her again and actually play with her - let's cross our fingers that next time she will be feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding. This made my Friday, I laughed out loud at work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see Natalie so we can discuss Mary Poppins- its my fav Disney movie!! Cast off the shackles of yesterday, shoulder to shoulder into the fray.....

    ReplyDelete