Tuesday, April 17, 2012

vacation placeholder: flowers in spring


Is there anything better than springtime flowers?  Even though this winter was pretty mild for us in Midcoast Maine, I am still feeling incredibly grateful for this year's signs of spring.  Our own little tulips are struggling to come to life after a period of random frost, so I've been making do with some store-bought blooms instead.  For $6 I got the two bunches of flowers that made up this bright pink ray of light on my counter.

There are few things in life that bring as much simple joy as fresh flowers in the kitchen, amirite?


Any other signs of spring that you're loving this year?  I can't wait to get our patio furniture set up when we're back from vacation at the end of the week, and to start tackling our annual household springtime chores like pressure washing the exterior of the house & planting flowers & restaining the deck. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment