Tuesday, February 14, 2012

the truth about me and valentine's day

You know how everyone is always like "I hate Valentine's Day!"  "Valentine's Day is stupid!"  "Valentine's Day is lame!"

Well, I don't feel that way.  I never have.  Maybe because my mom always decorated our house with heart garlands and left pretty cards on the breakfast table for us on Valentine's Day, maybe because I was one of those obnoxious girls who always had a boyfriend armed with flowers and chocolates at school starting in about 7th grade and ending... well, never.

Whatever.  I think a day to tell the people you care about that you care about them is just fine.  Shiny red hearts & overpriced boxes of chocolates & bright flowers & sloppy kisses & snuggles over a nice meal?  All that stuff is just fine by me.

I also think that being single has nothing to do with the spirit of a day all about love--I love my parents, my child, my friends, my home, my new red lipstick, Netflix, Pinterest, extra long scarves, and the music turned up too loud in my car.  I also happen to be madly in love with my husband.

For me, today is about giving a little extra acknowledgement to the people & things & circumstances that you love.

It's also about dressing Natalie in a shirt with a heart on it.  And a tutu.  And pink sunglasses.





Natalie has been saying "Happy Birthday!  Love day!" in response to my "Happy Valentine's Day!" exclamations this morning.  Holidays are still a mystery to this kid.  Just one more thing I love about her.

3 comments:

  1. She is adorable! Happy Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day! I am right there with you - I <3 anything pink, frilly, shaped like a heart, or filled with chocolate! Please tell where you got your red lipstick/what brand it is because I soooo want to rock the red lipstick but am terrified that I will look like baby prostitute. No one wants that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Profitez de votre eau, profiter de votre vie. Nous offrant toutes sortes de salle de bains Robinetterie Vasque et robinets de cuisine pour vous. Consultez notre boutique en ligne et de trouver votre meilleur robinet ici: www.robinetonline.com

    ReplyDelete