Tuesday, April 5, 2011

our big girl

Poor Natalie's been in a bit of a funk today, clinging to my neck and crying at the drop of a hat. I can't blame her--I'd be pretty cranky after 3 shots, too.

That's right, it was Shot Day (and, more accurately, Natalie's one year well visit day) yesterday evening. According to the doctor, she is "the picture of perfection," which was awfully nice to hear after the string of un-well visits we had this winter.

I have to agree--she is pretty darn perfect.




Before it was vaccine time, Natalie put on quite a happy show for the doctor--waving; blowing kisses; taking several steps; correctly pointing to her head, nose, and mouth; and crawling back and forth in the exam room at record pace. It was pretty hilarious actually--I don't think I've ever seen her in such active, show-off mode.

We found out that she's now 30.5 inches long and weighs in at 24 pounds, but I forgot to ask about what percentiles she's in. Whoops.

Overall a great doctor's visit, but she's definitely still recovering from all those needles. We've spent the day alternately snuggled up in bed, on the couch watching bits of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, and lounging on the floor with a big stack of books. I'm hoping she'll be back to her usual self tomorrow and we can get out of the house and have some fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment