Monday, December 6, 2010

sick & snowed in

I'm one sick mama today; the sore throat that has been just an irritation for the past few days has morphed into a full-fledged cold as of yesterday evening.

Poor Natalie is really bearing the brunt of my sickness, since it means I'm not much of a playmate today. Instead of our usual active Monday together, she's spending lots of time in her jumper and I'm huddled under a blanket on the couch.

It's also our first real snowy day of the winter, and, although I've been crossing my fingers that Mikey will have an early-dismissal from school, it looks like miss Natawat and I are pretty much snowed into our germy house all by our lonesomes. I put a parka on over my sweats this morning and bundled Natalie up in her snowsuit to take her out into the white stuff for a bit. I picked up a little infant toboggan at a community yard sale over the summer, which spent a good long time soaking in a bleach bath first thing this morning, and Natalie got to go for a spin around the neighborhood in it. She was, predictably, less than impressed.

Here are a couple of shots from our brief outing:






Back to my tea and blanket I go, hoping to kick this bug before my workweek begins tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment