Sunday, June 10, 2012

steppin' out saturday: children's museum birthday edition

We didn't step out last night--it was a quiet Saturday in, complete with family movie night and pj's by 6 o'clock and wine after Natals was tucked in for the night.  I know it's been super quiet on the blog over the last few days, but that's mostly because I've been studying my behind off for the second of three education certification exams I'll need to take this summer (more on that... and a job offer!.... later).  The exam was yesterday morning at 7:30, so by 10am I was free to enjoy a day in the sunshine with Mike and Natalie.  All that test-taking & walking in the sunshine tuckered us out something fierce, and it was a really nice excuse to just cuddle up together after a simple hot dog supper. 

We did get to our local Children's Museum for a couple of hours after Natalie's nap, in time to enjoy some of their special anniversary activities.  Natals got to shoot hoops, make giant bubbles, plant a bean, get fishies painted on the backs of her hands, and settle into the indoor canoe for some solo reading time.  She wore a little purple striped romper that I got at TJ Maxx a couple of months back, and I think it may be the only time she'll get to wear it--it's just a bit snug on her, and at the rate she's growing I doubt she'll tolerate wearing it much this summer.  Here are some pictures from our afternoon:





I'm linking my mini-fashionista up with Mandy for Steppin' Out Saturday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment