Monday, May 14, 2012

mother's day 2012

Mother's Day started off a little rocky, I'll admit.  We had a great Saturday afternoon playdate in Portland, and then Mike headed in to work to chaperone the high school prom (I know, right?!) while I had a girls' night in with the Natifuster.  While Natalie went down without a hitch, I stayed up a bit too late (hello, alone time!) and was banking on a nice lazy morning to recover.  Poor Mike didn't get home until well after 1am, and we were both awakened before 5 by our lovely daughter.  Mikey did his daddy duty and let me get an extra hour of sleep before I had to get up and ready for a morning dance practice.  Natalie was in an absolutely miserable mood, and I was pretty sure Mother's Day was going to be a bust as a result. 

Lucky for me, Mikey got the budgie down for a nap while I was out of the house, and by the time we met up with my parents and sister for a picnic at our local nature center, her mood was much improved.  In fact, she was a delight the entire afternoon. 

We got sandwiches from our favorite deli, walked the nature trails in the sunshine, and went out for ice cream.  Later that evening, our little family of 3 took a walk by the water and admired the boats.  It ended up being quite a lovely Mother's Day after all. 








0 comments:

Post a Comment