Wednesday, March 28, 2012

blue polka dots





One of the highlights of Natalie's birthday was a mommy&me lunch at a nice, quiet restaurant.  I dressed her up in a new dress, put flower clips in her pigtails, and trusted her to behave in public.  I usually only take her out to eat by myself for breakfast at our favorite place--noisy, kid-friendly, fast service.  For her big-girl birthday, I went for a place a little higher up the "nice" scale.  Overall, she did really well.  She has talked about our "special lunch" a lot since her birthday ("a-pickle and a-dress and a-cheese!"), so I think it felt like a treat for her, too.

2 comments:

  1. I love this!! Going out to lunch with your daughter: now that is a special memory!! Also, may I please have an adult sized version of that dress?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, so very cute!!!

    I love love love her lunch memories. So cute!

    ReplyDelete