Thursday, February 9, 2012

bubbles & little miss bossy

I have to come clean and admit that I've been in a bit of a funk lately.  I blame the whole sick-kid-no-sleep thing, but, whatever the cause, I have been feeling a little low.  For me, the telltale sign that I have hopped on board the crazy train and started spiraling into the sads is when I am so tired that I cannot keep my eyes open to read another page but then I turn out the light to fall asleep and my mind suddenly clicks into gear and I just can't make the random spinning thoughts go away long enough to just finally fall asleep.  I become all What are we going to do about Natalie's diaper rash? & What is on my to-do list at work? & Will there be enough money leftover after using our tax return to pay off debt for me to do some selfish shopping? & Where are we going to order the pizza for Natalie's birthday party? & on and on and on.  Random, trivial stuff mixed in with real-life concerns, and I just can't shut it off.
A couple of nights of this and I can tell I'm starting to careen off the rails.  Mike practically put the Advil PM on my tongue himself last night, just to make sure I would conk out and get a decent night's sleep.  It worked.  I'm still feeling worn out, but even after just one good night of sleep I can tell that my entire emotional state has improved.  Here's hoping I can keep moving in that direction now that Natalie is finally feeling better and we have a weekend just around the corner.

Now, what the heck was I going to write this post about?  Oh, yeah.  I wanted to share my bright spot from yesterday:  an outing to the playground with Natalie, where we chased bubbles endlessly and went down the slide 3456 times.






Also?  Natalie is becoming a total bossy-pants.  Just in the past 24 hours, she has said the following:
- No, Mommy.  You stand up.  Over there.  Not next to MY couch.

- Good to see you, Mama.  Now give me a second so I check email.  Just leave.

- Wanta listen to Ruma-haz-it!  Louder!  Again!  Turn it UPPPPPP!!

- No watch that Gabba.  Watch peekaboo Gabba.  GET PEEKABOO GABBA!

- I call Poppy.  You no call Poppy.  You go in there.

- Over there, Mommy.  Get on the floor.  SIT ON THE FLOOR!

- Clean it up, Mama.  I no clean it.  You clean it.


Seriously.

0 comments:

Post a Comment