Thursday, October 6, 2011

day o' blogging: part 1

I can't believe it's taken me this long to share some of the details of George and Amanda's wedding!  I am such a sucker for weddings and romance, and I found myself on the verge of tears (and giving in to tears) all weekend long as I watched this sweet couple pledge their lives to each other.  The whole weekend was simply gorgeous, surprisingly warm for fall in northern Maine, filled with the colors of the changing seasons and tons of laughter from the friends and family of the bride and groom.

During the ceremony, I found myself particularly touched as their pastor asked George and Amanda to take a moment to look at each other's hands as they stood in front of the congregation; these hands that would wipe tears and give hugs and hold babies and build homes.  Of course it made me reflect on the marriage that I have shared with Mikey, and I wanted to shout out to the newly married couple, "He's right, ya know!!"  So much of the magic of a wedding day comes from the promise of what is to come in the lives of that couple; the experiences and years that lie ahead.  The hands you hold as you stand before your loved ones on that day will be the same ones to comfort you, support you, lift you up, and get you through in the lifetime to come.  It felt like such an honor to be a part of Amanda and George's first day of holding each other's hands as husband and wife.

Here are some of the pictures I snapped of the wedding preparations:






1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful, I love the personalized hangers, what a great idea!! And you, my friend, look stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete