Friday, January 15, 2010

body conscious

Well, it's official: pregnancy has left its permanent mark on my body. Despite using the arsenal of skin-lubing products pictured below, I discovered my first stretch marks (on my hips) two days ago. After confirming that they were not a trick of the light, and could not be washed away, I allowed myself to have a moment. Or twenty.




It's not that I mind giving up my body for the sake of creating life, but I can't help but feel that 9 months of body changes are enough... do I really need permanent evidence of baby moohoo? I always thought that if I could escape the physical trauma of adolescence without those telltale signs of growth spurts and weight gain, I'd be set. Perhaps I'm just getting what's due, albeit at a later date than I anticipated. And I suppose it's nothing that a little fake tan won't hide when all is said and done. In any case, listen up moohoo: we've got 9 weeks left inhabiting the same body. Let's make it as painless as possible and I promise to spoil you to no end once you've made your grand arrival. Deal?

In the meantime, I'm going to continue slathering on the cocoa butter with the hope that it actually has some preventive effect.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, kid, seriously. Hilary has given you at least half of her body as a hotel for a solid 3/4 of a year. The least you can do is leave it as you found it, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilary, you are probably the most naturally gorgeous person I have ever met and no amount of hip stretch marks will be able to change that :) That being said, it's never too early to instill a sense of discipline and respect in your child...let her know who's boss ;)

    ReplyDelete