Thursday, November 5, 2009

baby girl hoo

As my previous post announced, we are so excited to have found out that our little alien is a girl! I had my first sonogram yesterday, which was quite an amazing experience; Mike and I were both completely taken by the little girl we saw moving around the screen. The technician did a full anatomical scan to make sure all of her little parts are formed, the right sizes, and in the right places. It was a major relief to hear that everything looks completely normal and healthy. We got to see her heart, spine, bladder, kidneys, fingers, toes, and, most excitingly, her face! Here are some images from the ultrasound:

In the one above, you can see her facial profile on the right, and the floating blob above her face is part of her arm.

This one may be my favorite, because it is awfully cute to imagine her sucking on her fingers in utero.. probably she has nothing else to do, so fingers may be as fun as it gets in there.

We were lucky that she cooperated and let the technician get several looks at her genitalia to determine her sex. This is an image of her legs and buttocks, and as you can see it's a girl!


Here's another profile image, this time with her foot extending up towards her face. This picture especially shows how much she looks like Mike... I see him in all of her facial features at this point!
The she-alien was moving around quite a bit during the whole sonogram, kicking, waving her arms, twisting her head around, and opening and closing her mouth. My parents think she's already talking in there, another sign that she takes after her father :)

6 comments:

  1. Jesus...

    Look at all these glamour shots. I'm prety sure I just fell out of my mom in a field somewhere and they weren't even sure how I got there in the first place. Clearly this kid was expected. NO!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In that first picture of the little adorable-face, she totally has your nose - and her little kicks remind me of dancing Hilary.

    Is it wrong that I totally want to hug your tummy now? Like, with permission. Because if it is, I don't want to be right. I can't say enough times how happy I am for you two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww..She is soo cute already!! I mean sucking on her fingers..Come on how dam cute is that!!I love her lil button nose in all the profile pictures..she gorgous already!! Congrats guys!! See you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww her first photo shoot! And she killed it! I'm sure she was in there vogue-in' it...hilary, maybe she even said "Let's take a picture and we'll see what happens." lol. I miss you guys so much & am so happy that you have a healthy girl getting ready to arrive :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. omgggg that is so wild!!! Can you really name her Hoo?
    ok thanks. love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope she comes out with a goatee and striped shirt like Harper as we have previously discussed.

    ReplyDelete