Monday, October 26, 2009

Pregnant Elf

My new pajamas are super-comfy, but according to Mike they make me look like a "Pregnant Elf." I'm not sure if that's supposed to be some kind of veiled compliment, but either way I'm sticking it out with the long-john look now that the weather is getting colder.



I'm 19 weeks pregnant, which means I'm just a few days away from the halfway point of this pregnancy! I'm still not sure why everyone says pregnancy is 9 months long when 40 weeks clearly equal 10 months, but either way I'm excited and surprised that the halfway point is so close. Here's my official 19-week-belly-photo:


The little alien is moving around quite a lot now, which has been quite entertaining for me and Mike. We're continuing to try out lots of different music to see what gets our little mango moving around, but so far there aren't any consistent patterns. Lime popsicles continue to be the only things that can predictably get the baby all worked up and kicking.
Mike and I have had a fun weekend, which included an overnight getaway to visit with his mom and step-dad, and lunch with my sister. The most entertaining portion of the weekend was a massive rummage sale that one of our fellow partakers called "Maine shopping at its finest." It was an absolute riot--shoppers bought industrial-size garbage bags for $5 apiece and filled them to overflowing. Lots of people brought wheelbarrows so they could transport their bags filled with televisions and books around the sale tents. Mike and I picked up some baby clothes to add to our expanding collection, which has started to fill out some despite only being able to buy gender-neutral stuff at this point.

We're a little over a week away from finding out the sex of the baby, so my next entry will likely be the big reveal! We're getting so excited to find out whether we'll be meeting a hoo or a moo in March! Hope everyone has a good week :) Send positive vibes our way as we get closer to our first sonogram!

8 comments:

  1. oooo only a week away! so exciting!! Cute PJS, i want those! Where from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the most adorable pregnant elf (and I mean that in a good way)! We have to come visit you guys so we can experience Project MooHoo in person.

    Everytime I see something cute and gender neutral for a baby, I have to resist the urge to buy the whole store and ship it to you.

    Have you played the baby any NWA?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one has ever been a cuter pregnant woman....EVER. I love you and can't wait to come visit to see the baby belly in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!! I hope this next week goes by soo fast for you guys!! Once you get to see the lil one its amazing!! My Dad and Sharon told me how good you looked in person..and from your pics you are def. showing now!! Can't wait to see the two of you on Thanksgiving and compare bellys!! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pictures are ridiculous. You are so very pregnant. You, who I've saved from the man in the "Red Roof Inn" shirt. Pregnant. With Mike Cherry's Child. With picture evidence. Astounding. I'm still calling "girl," btw.

    And wtf??? Am I literally the only dude that reads this website? C'mon harper. I know you're out there skulking around too. Sound off like you've got a pair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darn it, my comment got all wonky.

    Sonogram, no? Please to tell us? I must figure out if my current knitting project will be (a) adorable or (b) cause a gender identity crisis.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those PJs are the BEST...could only be better if they had the feet in them :) You are still glowing and beautiful! Can not wait to find out if the mango is a MOO or HOO! I miss you and Mike and think of you all often!!!!

    ReplyDelete